Monday 6 August 2012

Liz Earle Skincare

Ok, before I start, the best lighting in my house for photographs is my bathroom... hence the appearance of the toilet handle in some photos!

I've been so excited to ramble on about Liz Earle! But decided to give it a few months before I could give my honest opinion on it. Obviously because I have a tiny blog, I was not sent any of these items, got them all myself as part of the August Offer on the Liz Earle website at the moment. It's such a good deal, you get the Sheer Skin Tint absolutely free!

My skin is usually not too bad, I have breakouts at the usual time of the month, and during times of stress, but I would go as far as saying my skin is just average. My skin type is combination - I have an oily t-zone and dry patches on my cheeks. Since I moved to University last year, my skin was battered by halls heating, a bad diet and lack of sleep. I was using Clinique products at the time, and whilst they are very good, I just don't think they had enough "oomph" to protect my skin from Liverpool in general!

Around the end of my first year, I bought Garnier Pure Active Blackhead Clearing Scrub, mainly because I have a fair few blackheads on my nose (who doesn't?) and wanted to get rid of them. WORST SKINCARE MISTAKE OF MY LIFE. I don't know if it was just my skin (which is fairly sensitive), but my God this cleanser caused so much havoc on my face! I broke out in every place imaginable, and even after I'd stopped using it, for about a month or so after, my skin continued to be terrible. I am never going near a Garnier skin product again!

So! I needed a saviour for my face. Enter Liz Earle... 


L-R: Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, Instant Boost Skin Tonic, Skin Repair Moisturiser, and Sheer Skin Tint


1. Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
I'd heard so much about this cleanser, so was dying to try this out. I was impressed by the amount of natural ingredients in the cleanser, so was confident it wouldn't bother my skin too much. If you don't know what a hot cloth cleanser is, basically you massage the product onto a dry face, and wipe off with a muslin cloth soaked in warm water. You then wash the residue off with cold water, which will probably be unpleasant come winter!



2. Instant Boost Skin Tonic
I never really got on the whole toner bandwagon, I'm still pretty unsure of the benefits of this, but it really is lovely on my skin. I use it after my cleanser, and find it plumps and revitalizes my skin before putting moisturiser on. Also, spritzing this on during the day really perks me up!


3. Skin Repair Moisturiser
I hadn't used a moisturiser for so, so long before getting this product. I was scared that strong ingredients in the cheaper moisturisers would mess my skin up again! I was pleasantly surprised by the dry/sensitive option, as this seemed perfect for my skin. The formula is very thick, which I like, because it actually feels like its doing something for me! It does soak into the skin quickly though.


4. Sheer Skin Tint
Because of the warmer summer weather (ha, marginally!) I've been looking for a lighter coverage foundation. This is perfect, it provides a lovely natural finish to my skin, and doesn't feel like I've caked it on! It is buildable for more coverage, but that isn't really my thing. I have shade 2 out of 3. I think the shade collection is possibly a bit limited, especially for darker skin tones, but shade 2 suits me perfectly.

If you made it this far - congratulations! Have a metaphorical medal. 

I can't recommend Liz Earle products enough, they have saved my little face from what I thought was the start of acne! They aren't cheap, but I honestly think saving up for products like this will save you a whole lot of bother in buying lots of cheap products which do nothing for your skin. My skin is nearly absolutely clear, I can't wait for it to completely clear up so I can happily wander round make-up free!

Another, and final point - their service. Oh my, their customer service is perfect. I never thought I'd say that! The brand offers quick delivery, sublime packaging and also a complimentary sample with your order. Luckily I got a mini of my moisturiser, which I take when I go on my travels.

Do you use Liz Earle products? Are you interested in buying some?

xxx

4 comments:

Miss T said...

I used Liz Earle for a while last year but unfortunately they didn't agree with my skin so I had to stop. I do agree about their customer service though, it was lovely to receive such nicely presented things, even if it was only skincare (: And I'm so glad you mentioned the Garnier scrub cos I was about to go out and buy that, now I'll steer clear! xx

gabby said...

Phew, I'm glad I've saved one person's skin from the horror that is Garnier! Haha, I don't know what it was but made my skin go crazy! xxx

jennie said...

Such a great post lovely, super informative! Unfortunately Liz Earle doesn't seem to agree with my skin but the products are SO gorgeous & smell amazing! ox

gabby said...

Thankyou sweet :) its such a shame when things dont work for your skin, it's annoying that everyone's skin is so individual sometimes! <3