Friday 13 July 2012

Skin saviours


Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic (not pictured)
Dove Firming Body Lotion
Body Shop Vanilla Body Lotion
Garnier Intensive 7 Days Lotion

Once a week, I usually find half an hour or so to cover myself in these beauty bits! So I thought I'd tell you what I think about them.

I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic twice daily. I like the whole process of it all, it's much better than other cleansers I've used which is basically put it on your face, and wash it off! The muslin cloth really seems to get all your make up off and clean it at the same time! After this I use the toner to hydrate my skin, wiped across my face with a cotton pad. Sadly my toner has nearly ran out, need to repurchase! I'd really recommend getting this combination of Liz Earle products if you have problem skin, it really seems to calm mine down.

Now, on to my lotions. I really struggle getting my legs to retain any moisture, it seems the second I put a moisturiser on, it's sucked up! Boooo. Anyway, I've been using the Garnier Intensive 7 Days Lotion for a while now and can honestly say it really does make my legs feel lovely! You have to put quite a fair bit on, but I usually put it on before I put my trackies/PJs on and just sit around for an hour or so! Or before bed, whatever works for you. 

I've been using the Dove Firming Lotion for the past week, in an attempt to calm down scarring on my hips and thighs, caused by self harming. So, if anyone's struggling with depression like myself (post focusing on it here), hopefully you'll find this next bit useful! The Dove lotion has actually helped in reducing irritation in my scars and also reducing redness, but it does leave a funny texture on the skin after... guess it's the stuff firming your skin up! So after putting this on, and letting it soak in, I usually chuck some Body Shop Lotion on the top. You can use whatever I suppose, I just love the smell of this Vanilla one. The combination of these two products has really helped the appearance of my scars, and has really helped tone my legs up a tiny bit, which is always nice! I'm booked in to get a tattoo over some of my scars on my hips, so I need to get them healed up within 2 months! Hopefully I can manage it!

Whoops, that was a bit of an essay wasn't it? I hope some people found this useful!

What products do you use to keep the skin on your legs nice and soft? 


xxx

1 comment:

Lauren Jane said...

Garnier 7 days is my miracle product I love love love it!

L X

www.hungrytravelstyle.com